Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Illustrator Nicoletta Ceccoli

Love, love, love the work of Nicoletta Ceccoli. She is an award-winning Italian artist and illustrator. I especially love her children's book illustrations.
If you visit her website you can look through the pages of some of the fabulous books she has illustrated.

I would so much like to have a copy of any one of her books to show my grandchildren.
I grew up on fairy tales, Brothers Grimm, Aesop's Fables and Mother Goose. I read them to my kids. Are they really better than the children's books today, or is just because I loved them so much as a child?
What did you read growing up?
Illustrations: Nicoletta Ceccoli
via Daisy in lala Land

3 comments:

Dees said...

Dawn!!!thank you so much for the sweet link!!!Your blog is awesome!really really enjoy it!xoxo

Renee said...

I'm sure I read all the same ones as you.

Does Jack be Nimble ring a bell....

Love Renee

Dawn Newsome said...

Renee,
Can you imagine your kids jumping over a candlestick?
I don't think I ever really digested what the rhymes were until I grew up. I just liked the way they sounded and the picture books with the rhymes in them were really wonderfully illustrated.
(I mean - Peter kept his wife in a pumpkin shell!)
D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin